Sports betting is especially popular among gamblers. And experienced bettors know perfectly well how important it is to analyze information about previous meetings of opponents and other statistical data. One of the indicators that you should definitely pay attention to is the data on the coefficients for different outcomes in the past confrontations of opponents. This information is stored in the betting odds database. So what is it and what are the benefits of using it?
What is it?
Usually, after the end of the event, the bookmaker removes information about it from the official website. Theoretically, it is stored on the servers of the office, but it becomes inaccessible to its clients and third-party users. And such data will help the bettor to take a closer look at the meeting of the same opponents next time, to assess the chances of each of them to win, comparing with the quotes that the bookmaker offered earlier.
That is, the historical odds database is a detailed list of sporting events on which various bookmakers have previously accepted bets. It stores:
1. Dates of the event.
2. Variants of all types of bets on which the bookmaker offered to bet.
3. Odds for all possible outcomes of the event.
4. Additional information about the sports confrontation.
The odds archive has been maintained since 2005. That is, the betting odds database contains information about all sporting events for more than fifteen years. We are talking exclusively about those competitions that met in the line of bookmakers.
Example of using odds archive
A client of several bookmaker counters, who is well versed in football, decides to bet on the next match of his favorite team. Thanks to the historical odds database, he won't have to rummage around the Internet to find the results of previous face-to-face encounters with a particular opponent. And in addition, he learns which offices have previously offered the widest line and painting for such games. That will help determine the most interesting options for betting on the upcoming confrontation and fights in the future.
Why do we need a betting database?
An experienced bookmaker regular uses all available information to increase the chances of winning. For the bet to work, you need to analyze a whole layer of data and news. First of all, the outcome of the fight is influenced by:
- physical condition of rivals;
- typed form (number of victories and defeats in previous bouts);
- support of native fans in the stands (venue of the event);
- history of personal meetings;
- the morale of the opponents on the eve of the bout;
- changes in the coaching staff and the closest circle of athletes on the eve of the confrontation;
- time for rest and recovery, which each of the opponents received after the previous sporting event with his participation.
But in some cases, such information may not be enough to determine the favorite and the outsider with maximum accuracy. Historic betting odds will be an additional and sometimes decisive indicator when choosing a winning bet.
Benefits of using for the bettor
Successful bettors are guided by a number of factors before making their next bet. Historical events odds make it much easier to find the most profitable outcome. For example, if, in comparison with the current quotes, the “keffs” for the meetings of the same opponents are abnormally high or low, it means that this is most likely done artificially. And you should take a closer look at such confrontations.
The rest of the advantages of using the odd historical events for a novice bettor are:
- obtaining additional statistics that the leading bookmakers will not share;
- the ability to understand how much the alignment has changed in favor of one of the opponents over a certain period of time;
- a wide layer of important information about bookmaker quotes, which will always be at hand;
- the ability to compare the odds and outcomes of similar events for the selected time period;
- selection of changes in quotes for the same sporting event in different bookmakers.
That is, the bettor not only gets a convenient and easy way to get acquainted with the information on the coefficients for almost sixteen years, but can independently compare how these indicators changed for the outcomes of the selected events, and who had them the most profitable on the specified date. And this will help you choose a bookmaker for betting on the next match with the most favorable terms of the deal.
Thus, the historical betting odds will become an important additional tool in the search for profitable bets. With its help, the client of bookmakers will surely find the most optimal betting option and significantly increase the percentage of winnings on bets.